Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fire Extinguishers - when need to replace?

The one time I had to run for FE, I'd lit my
lawn mower on fire. Gas, air, spark. And off
it went. I'd just drained some gas out of the
carb, to drain off any water. Pulled the spark
plug and pull the rip cord to check for spark.

Well, I find out that I had air, gasoline, gas-
air mix, and spark, all in the same place.

One of those moments where it all made sense,
later, how that happened.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/15/2013 5:41 PM, micky wrote:

I think my small Kidde ABC was 10 or 15 years old when I needed it.
Worked fine. Gauge had been in the green.

I took a pot off the stove and put it on a cloth pot holder. Later I
put it back on the stove. Fortunately I sit at the kitchen table
facing the sliding glass door. Looked in the window and eventually
realized I was watching flames. The pot holder had stuck to the pot
when I put the pot back on the stove. Wait. That's the one I
stomped out. Very small by the time the cloth hit the floor.

The Kidde was for a fire in the oven. Worked fine. 10 or 15 years
old. It would have been hard to test it without letting a lot out.

I'd buy a second one for the primary location and put this one in a
secondary location, but after that, I'd rely on the green gauge.