Posted to alt.autos.volvo,uk.d-i-y

Default OBD-II for Android?

As per my other post, I'm having problems with the alarm on my Volvo V70.

I'd like to have a go at looking for fault codes which might tell me
what's wrong.

I have an old USB-based OBD-II reader but that needs a PC and I think it
only does engine codes.

Ideally, I'd like something which will work with my Google (Samsung)
Nexus-10 Android tablet. There are lots of OBD-II Aps in the Google Play
Store, but they all seem to need Bluetooth-based readers - I don't think
any will work with my USB device.

Have any of you successfully used a bluetooth reader with an Android
device for the sort of purpose that I require? If so, any
recommendations for a suitable device/Ap combination?
--
Cheers,
Roger