Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default briggs and stratton motor question

On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 12:12:24 -0500, "Scall5" wrote:

I have a regular Briggs and Stratton push mower that is about seven years
old. It's been a great mower but this year I had to push the choke bulb
around eight times to get it started (normally I would push it three times).
Once started it ran fine.

However, when I ran out of gas I has to use my trimmer gas which is 50:1
gas/oil mix. The mixed gas also had a gas stabilizer in it. Surprisingly,
my motor now seems to fire up after just three pushes of the choke bulb.

Anyone know if it was the oil or the stabilizer that improved my mower's
starting ability? Or a combination of both?

Thanks in advance.

I cannot answer and never have used a stabilizer in small engines.

Would the stabilizer have a solvent that may have partially cleaned
gunk from the carb?