Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Colorado Flooding

More videos on one page that I've ever seen before.

Photo gallery:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/14/us/flooding-colorado/

Yet, the south-eastern corner of CO is still suffering "extreme" (D3)
level drought conditions, as did most of the state one year ago. I'm
in the headwaters of the Arkansas R valley, dead center in the CO
Rockies, and the river has risen a little over seven inches in the
last 24hrs. Far from crisis levels. Not even Spring runoff levels.
Fifty percent chance (almost certain) of more rain today and tomorrow.
We need it, badly.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/monitor.html
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no=07091200

I live about 50 ft from river, but am about 50 above it, so no
problem, here. Unfortunate for N CO, but flash floods after a drought
are pretty common.

nb