TeamCasa

Default Market for old Craftsman Table Saw

Ron, Yes, there is a small amount of machining involved. I had a local
machine shop cut a hole in the top so a router Mast-R-Lift (Rockler) would
drop in. Some additional support was added underneath by using some 2"x1/4"
aluminum angle. Attached the top to a homemade stand and wha-la! The whole
project, minus the cost of the Mast-R-Lift, was under a $100.00. I'll ask
my brother to take some pictures and email them to me.

Dave

"RonB" wrote in message
Dave - I am trying to dispose of a 70's vintage Craftsman TS myself and

the
router table idea crossed my mind. My first thought was the insert
shape/size did not seem workable. Could you describe, in general, how you
did the conversion? Does it require machining?

Any Pics?

Ron Brogan

"TeamCasa" wrote in message
You could always junk eveything but the cast iron top and convert it

into
router table. I did this for my brother and it works very nicely.

Dave

"Mark Leininger" wrote in message
Is there any marketplace for an old Craftsman table saw other than

ebay?

I have one from about 1955 that I inherited and have used for years.
I've been planning to upgrade and the motor seems to have burned out
over the weekend, so the time has come. I wouldn't call it an antique,
but I'm wondering if there are any forums to sell these old saws to
people who are interested in rebuilding them or using them for parts

or
something.
Thanks for any info

News==----

Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption
=---