Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn[_2_] jo4hn[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: GUN CONFISCATION IN CANADA! (fixed broken link)

On 9/12/2013 11:30 PM, wrote:
It's not just High River - the same thing happened in Slave Lake when 1/4 of our town burned down.

When our town burned, the long gun registry was still in effect - my guns (in a locker under a bed) were untouched. Other people had safes torched open.

The registry had been rescinded with the promise that long gun records were "poison fruit" when High River happened.

Personally, I would feel better if the RCMP had simply patrolled for looters rather than becoming looters. I would figure those readers in the US would have been all over "illegal search and siezure". FWIW, the two weeks we were gone were spent in our holiday trailer at a campground in Westlock, Alberta - our house unlocked the entire time.

When our town burned, one of the major problems was ammunition. It may
be secured from human malefactors but when everything burns at hundreds
if not thousands of degrees, the danger to firefighters is a BIG problem.
twitch,
jo4hn