Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32089 Ignoramus32089 is offline

Default Starvation Wages

On 2013-09-13, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 21:07:29 -0500, Ignoramus15426

On 2013-09-13, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:16:37 -0500, Ignoramus23724
wrote:

I do not have a global solution and, meanwhile, I will just try to
stay on the right side of the divide.

That's good. I was thinking you'd be on the left.

As for how such situations can resolve themselves, I see three
possibilities:

1) That I am wrong and that displaced people will continue finding
employment.

2) A violent resolution of this, resulting in mass damage and
realignment

3) A non-violent resolution, with the majority of people living on
handouts, studying liberal arts or doing make-work stuff.

Number 3 is what I personally anticipate, but I recognize the
uncertainty that is inherent in these predictions. In any case,
everyone needs to make predictions in order to plan our actions.

#3 is the bulk of the Democrat's Platform, isn't it? That is what our
fine nation is turning into.

DO you see any other alternatives, other than 1, 2 or 3?

No, those are definitely the 3 most likely trends. Now if we could
only get people to drop the Reps and Dems and find a new party whose
platform is solidly sane, fiscally frugal, and _pro_-USA...

That would be awesome. I especially want fiscally frugal.

Until Gunner's Great Cull happens, and changes things drastically, I
forsee #3 happening/growing, too. I revamped my BOB and am adding to
my stores continually now, hoping to shelter-in-place when the SHTF.

I dumped most of my food stores due to mice. I only have a bit of
canned stuff.