Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob[_61_] Bob[_61_] is offline

Default Making your own router plate

"Michael" wrote in message

What kind of material do you prefer? 1/4 inch MDF, polycarbonate, some type
of sheet metal?

Thanks.

Michael,

Give Pat Warner's site a look http://www.patwarner.com/ and look under
"Understanding Routing" and Router Table for some excellent advice and
ideas. I built the fence he did an article on in FWW and it is a workhorse
although it is a bit heavier than the one he shows now.

I'm just a hobbyist but two kitchen's worth of cabinet doors, drawers and
moldings plus an arched panel 36"x80" (really heavy) door for a family
member were all made using Pat's designed fence and some other add-on's for
router work I've purchased from him.

His site is one hell of a great resource and his products are quality made -
plus he's always been helpful with any questions I've had.

Bob S.