Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default jenn-air dishwasher jdb1080awb

On 9/13/2013 12:36 AM, Deodiaus wrote:
On Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:13:46 PM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:
I have a jenn-air dishwasher jdb1080awb. The front panel lights do not fully display and the touch control doesn't seem to respond. When I push the start button, the dishwasher hums for a couple of mins and shuts down. Do you think the controller board is faulty? I opened up the door and everything looks fine. No louse connections. I think that the touch controls are bad because they take a lot of wear. That seems to cost $170, which seems to be good chunk of the price of a dishwasher which cost $1000 18 years ago.

I see the control panel for $140
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/wh...ap4364294.html

control board for $120
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/wh...ap4009231.html

http://www.repairclinic.com/Jenn-Air...Touchpad-Parts

ideally, I'd like just the touchpad, but don't know where to find that separately.

Why the touchpad? If the machine hums and then stops, it means the
touchpad did something to make it hum. It may be the board, it may be
the valve or motor that is humming. Find out what is humming. You need
a better diagnosis to find the real problem, not just throwing money and
new parts at it. Hum like the solenoid on the fill valve? Motor won't
start?

At 18 years old, you may want to think about replacement before you toss
a lot of money for parts you are not sure of. An alternative is to
spend $75 to $100 for a service call by a qualified tech. Better to
spend $100 for a proper diagnosis than $200 for the wrong parts.