Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default The true cost of wind...

In message , The Other Mike
writes
On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 21:03:46 +0100, Java Jive wrote:

But that wouldn't be the purpose of them. Their purpose would be to
smooth out domestic demand on the grid, for example to get rid of the
problem where we have turn on an extra power source just because East
Enders has ended (how I wish it would, end for good, that is).

The ad break / programme end pickup is not really an issue with lots of
different channels, audience being split across many of them, less tv viewing
etc. The era of 20+ million watching one programme and then all getting up to
make a cup of tea or go for a **** is long gone. The nearest you get now to a
significant load pickup is a Royal Wedding or Funeral.

Perhaps, like me, they channel hop to watch something else during the
break:-)

--
Tim Lamb