Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] teaspoonrack@gmail.com is offline

Default Making your own router plate

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:32:49 AM UTC-6, Michael wrote:
What kind of material do you prefer? 1/4 inch MDF, polycarbonate, some type of sheet metal?

Thanks.

"Hockey glass" - several years ago, they changed the glass on our towns ice rink And I scored a couple sheets out of the dumpster - 12mm lexan(?). Remove the router base plate and use it for a mounting hole template. Now you can centre the hole for the bit and use the guide bushings and bits of your choice (I used the Freud FT2020 guide bushing set - these are the Porter Cable style guides)to do the hole. Some careful thought and you should be able to jig your way through