Posted to alt.home.repair
Deodiaus Deodiaus is offline

Default jenn-air dishwasher jdb1080awb

Still, why do you think it's the touch control? Because the buttons

don't work? That might just be the control board. or it's related

parts. Lights dim? Power supply? What kind of lights are they?

The light that shows the hour delay until washing is dim and only displays the 8 oclock position. BTW, I do see a control board on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dishwasher-C...em43bf57 13b3

This one looks a bit dated 25 yo or so, but then I don't know the state of the art in that field.

Aren't they all alike? After all, what sophistcated electronics can there be on such a beast?

I think the touchpad is not working because it takes the most wear. Some interal faulty connection is messing everything else up. Just a guess, but if I were to start replaceing parts, that's where I'd start.
The washer hums a bit, so it sounds as if it is receiving power, but there might be different circuits.