Larry Jaques

Default Market for old Craftsman Table Saw

On 29 Jun 2004 09:08:24 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
calmly ranted:

slipslidinaway asks:

Forgive my ignorance but what would these saws sell for?

Well, see, that's the problem. They won't sell for $75, which is the offer, and
no one will offer $150 or $175, which is, I think, what he wants.

Remind him that the prices paid for all his equipment, supplies,
and their maintenance are "sunk costs". He'll never get that price
back out of them, so any money he makes selling them is pure profit.

A used motor isn't worth the price of a new one, either.

And a Crapsman, by any other name, would still stink as sweet.

LJ, who buys cheap and sells elevated whenever possible.

------
We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there.
-
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming -