Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default The true cost of wind...

In article , Java Jive
scribeth thus
If we can build milk floats that were completely electric and cars
that are part electric, both with batteries in to power them, we can
do the same with train locomotives.

Power trains with batteries?..

There have been a very few battery locos, very few indeed and totally
impractical for all but the shortest lightest journeys..

The average Electric multiple unit takes some 130 kW or more per
motored axle IIRC..

A Eurostar in full flight 8 Megawatts...

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:03:37 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

Can you explain what you mean there as in some quarters suck it and see
will conjure up visions of Brunel and his atmospheric railway;!..

--
Tony Sayer