Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15426 Ignoramus15426 is offline

Default 10HP Quincy QR-25 compressor unloads when hot in hot weather

On 2013-09-12, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
On 9/10/2013 4:57 PM, Ignoramus29430 wrote:
We had to use our 10HP QR-25 Quincy compressor a lot today and it is
95 degrees or so. When it gets hot, for some reason it unloads and
runs, but does not pump air. After it cools down, it starts and seems
to pump just fine. Then after a while it unloads and no longer runs.

The only things that I could suspect would be rubber membranes that
push on the unloaders, any other idea?

thanks

We have a big pedestal fan to help cool and use synthetic compressor
oil. Do check the unloader membrane and hydraulic air valve.

Great minds think alike, we did the same thing.