Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Starvation Wages

At least a few of us on RCM can be robot repairmen.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/12/2013 12:16 AM, Ignoramus23724 wrote:

I am worried and disturbed about a possibility that a large, and
constantly increasing, majority of people would not be needed in an
automated economy.

For example, I can easily visualize how a typical McDonalds restaurant
could be run by 1 person, the rest automated. It would also serve
customers better and avoid messed up orders. A robot could handle
deliveries.

I do not have a global solution and, meanwhile, I will just try to
stay on the right side of the divide.

As for how such situations can resolve themselves, I see three
possibilities:

1) That I am wrong and that displaced people will continue finding
employment.

2) A violent resolution of this, resulting in mass damage and
realignment

3) A non-violent resolution, with the majority of people living on
handouts, studying liberal arts or doing make-work stuff.

Number 3 is what I personally anticipate, but I recognize the
uncertainty that is inherent in these predictions. In any case,
everyone needs to make predictions in order to plan our actions.