Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23724 Ignoramus23724 is offline

Default Starvation Wages

On 2013-09-12, John B wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 12:37:09 -0500, Ignoramus23724

On 2013-09-11, wrote:
On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:02:07 AM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

While you put yourself first others will work to try and change the system.

One does not exclude the other. One can both work to increase what
one earns and also work to improve the income of others. It is only
in the first approximation that life is a zero sum game.

For example Iggy works to raise his income , but also created
Algebra.com to help others.

And I try to make intelligent investment decisions , but also
volunteer at the Hagley Museum. I will be making some bushings for
Hagley today.

Yapping on newsgroups is not "changing the system".

The "widening divide" is an unavoidable change facilitated by
evolution of technology. There is not an easy fix or solution, not a
"policy change" that can somehow make people more desirable compared
to computers.

I suggest that human nature enters into the equation also. Russia and
China both made a very definite effort equalize levels of income and
each now have the very rich and the very poor. A matter of only 60
years for the Chinese - the Russians took longer, but maybe their rich
are richer :-)

Human nature definitely enters into the equation. I think that any
type of serious economic disturbance or readjustment, would tend to
create a larger wealth gap.