Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default DAT "video" head replacement?

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message ...

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message ...

The main difference is, I believe, that DAT kind of reads 3 tracks at
once, video doesn't, thus head size is critical if considering some kind
of head substitution.

I don't think that's true -- how would you separate the tracks? But I'd
better
not "take sides".

I do know that some decks have two heads -- rather than one. This allows
off-the tape monitoring, just as in three-head analog deck -- at the expense
of greater tape wear.

You need to do some research on the way DAT works.

It is not what is currently in your head.

Gareth.