Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Uh Oh, metal related. Gluing glass to metal?

wrote in message
... I want the
opening window so that I can carry long items (over 8 feet long) and
so that I can have really good air flow on hot days.

I used to carry 12' lumber for theatre sets in a Civic hatchback. I
had to have all the front windows open and the fan on high to keep the
exhaust that the open hatch sucked in bearable. The car I have now
holds 10' pipe with the hatch closed, but for 12' and sheet material
the better mod is a roof rack and tiedowns under the bumper corners. I
bought the factory rack that screws to studs hidden in the roof
reinforcing channels. For imports with tiedown eyes a stainless screw
link in each is enough to protect the cargo rope from cutting.
http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/g...10030888_3.jpg

Of course the
real reason for this type of mod is to show off to all those young
whippersnappers out there who have one of these cars and the only
things custom are bolt on items. I have already figured out how to
add
a cruise control that rotates with the steering wheel and the last
of
the radio control parts just arrived Monday. I have bench tested the
wireless cruise control buttons and they work as planned.
Eric

I reupholstered a Beetle once but the only people who were impressed
wanted me to do their cars, for cheap.

jsw