View Single Post
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster

Default Finish Sprayer Gun Problem

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:21:19 AM UTC-5, Mike Marlow wrote:
Hey Sonny - glad to see the gun is working better. Just for ****s and giggles, give the needle packing a little nudge before you tear your gun down - just to see what happens. It may be hard to turn the adjustment nut in due to crud build up on the threads and the packing being a bit boogered, but it likely will turn in a bit. I'm curious to see if that fixes your remaining spitting problems. If so, the gun still wants a good cleaning but you may get by without having to buy a rebuild kit. -- -Mike-

Both adjusting knobs turn easily, but I didn't pay close attention to detect if there was any debris related resistance. Previously, I had tinkered with both knobs, thinking that would help solve the, some of the, problem. There was no effect, so that's why I assumed there might be something internal that had worn out. I didn't tinker too much with the knobs, because the settings were set for my lacquer use.... I didn't want to vary the settings too much, if at all, from what I was previously comfortable with.... spray pattern, volume, etc.

I haven't tried tinkering with the knobs, since yesterday's limited cleaning. I never thought to try moving the tip, itself, either. I'll check it out.

Thanks.
Sonny