Stephen M

Default New Workshop size

The short answer is yes. Lots of folks here get by with less.

Lay out a prototype on graph paper with cutouts of your tools (present and
future).

lanes lanes lanes. You need lanes to walk between tools, and lanes to infeed
and outfeed stock. Infeed and outfeed space can beshred between machines,
and can be stacked on top of machines. For instance my main workbench would
be in the way of outfeeding an 8' rip from my table saw but it is below the
plane of the table taw top.

*for me* it is important to be able to rip a sheet of plywood. Therefore, my
TS needs 8' in front and behind the blade. This is the biggest space user in
the shop so I started working around that.

Organizing by work area is a nice, but it is second to actually getting
every tool into the shop IMHO.

Also a square has less wall space than a rectangle. Look a what tools should
be placed against a wall vs in the open.

good luck.

"MG" wrote in message
Is a room 15' by 25' big enough for a workshop? I'd like to make musical
instruments and maybe some furniture. I have a craftsman 10" contractors

saw
and a lot of other equipment.

Thanks,
Mark