Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default The true cost of wind...

On 10/09/13 16:31, Bill Wright wrote:
Artic wrote:
The Natural Philosopher scribbled...

Today as a more than usually stiff breeze covers the British isles,
and wind power creeps up to 10% of demand, you can cry in your beer
over the fact that today will cost you, the electricity consumer, a
minimum of £3.6 million quid you wouldn't otherwise have had to pay.

For a populaton of c 70 million, thats 5p each you have dropped into
the coffers of the troughers, or in terms of households about 15p

You're so right. Just think, we could have used that money to buy fuel
and arms for the RAF so they could fight another war.

Or we could have used it to improve paediatric care in the NHS.

or build new nukes that actually work...

I see your demetia is troubling you.
We have established they are expensive white elephants.