Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 10HP Quincy QR-25 compressor unloads when hot in hot weather

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 15:57:22 -0500, Ignoramus29430
wrote:

We had to use our 10HP QR-25 Quincy compressor a lot today and it is
95 degrees or so. When it gets hot, for some reason it unloads and
runs, but does not pump air. After it cools down, it starts and seems
to pump just fine. Then after a while it unloads and no longer runs.

The only things that I could suspect would be rubber membranes that
push on the unloaders, any other idea?

Newp. Perhaps find a way to run cooler air over the fins via a mister
or water-cooled heads. Just machine some up, Ig. Piece of cake.

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen