Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How to make room light turn on an additional lamp?

dpb wrote:
On 9/9/2013 9:05 PM, bob wrote:
I have a room with one spot light at the ceiling that is not very
bright. Using a bright bulb just light up a spot in the room brighter.

I bought a floor lamp for the room. Is there a way to make the lamp turn
on when the ceiling spot light is on?

In other words, flip one switch and turn on both the hardwired ceiling
light and a floor lamp.

Have you verified there isn't a switched outlet in the room already? Many
rooms w/o ceiling fixtures are done that way originally for the very reason.

--

Each of the bedrooms in my house originally had a switched outlet and no
ceiling fixture. I added a ceiling fixture, controlled by the switch, and

I wonder if replacing the "spot light" ceiling fixture with something that
spreads the light better would solve the OP's issue.