Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Any Willie Nelson Fans?

On 9/9/2013 11:20 AM, Norminn wrote:
On 9/9/2013 8:44 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 20:48:03 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

Rumor was that Keith Richards did so....explained in his
autobiography, but I don't recall the discussion now. I'm sure
he denied smoking dad, but I suspect there were days that he
didn't know what he was smoking.

From the horses mouth (CBS interview):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk1PceITYvM

Keith Richards will be 70 in December, a smoker and the mother
raper is still alive? GEEEZ! O_o

TDD

Mick and I were born the same month....it is always encouraging to
see someone my age jump around like he does, even if I'm now afraid
to try )

I lost my friend GB a few years ago to slow suicide. He was a 71 year
old juvenile delinquent who lost a lung to lung cancer. He couldn't put
the damn cigarets down and the only time he would eschew tobacco was
when he came down with pneumonia only to go back to purposely inhaling
the byproducts of combustion from the things many people imbibe. He hid
his smoking from his wife, his daughters, his sisters and me because he
knew we would chew him out for it. Any odor was always blamed on the
other guys we knew who smoked like choo choo trains. I'm terribly
allergic to the smoke from anything people purposely set afire so they
can inhale it in order to get the drugs contained in the smoke. Most
folks who smoke aren't necessarily nasty about it but some are and don't
care if their fumes hurt other people or worse, their children. I must
remind friends who smoke to get downwind of me all the time because they
forget the cigaret is in their hand. I don't allow smoking in any of my
vehicles but smokers always pull out that cigaret when they get in a car
because it's such an ingrained habit and I have to remind them of my
allergy to the poison. I realize that nicotine is a highly addictive
drug that is very difficult for smokers to stop using and I understand
their problem but I'll never understand how anyone could begin inhaling
the byproducts of combustion from anything to start with. Why, why do
they do it when it's well know that smoking injuries them? O_o

TDD