Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default The true cost of wind...

Artic wrote:
The Natural Philosopher scribbled...

Today as a more than usually stiff breeze covers the British isles, and
wind power creeps up to 10% of demand, you can cry in your beer over the
fact that today will cost you, the electricity consumer, a minimum of
£3.6 million quid you wouldn't otherwise have had to pay.

For a populaton of c 70 million, thats 5p each you have dropped into the
coffers of the troughers, or in terms of households about 15p

You're so right. Just think, we could have used that money to buy fuel
and arms for the RAF so they could fight another war.

Or we could have used it to improve paediatric care in the NHS.

Bill