Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Entire dishwashers are disposable apparently.

On 09/10/13 10:53 am, Nate Nagel wrote:

Dishwasher is probably 3-4 years old... came out of a friend's new
house (installed by builder, friend upgraded to all stainless
appliances. Got the range, dishwasher, and fridge as upgrades to
old, mismatched appliances.) GE model but a nice one, three spinny
arms, works well. Started making an awful noise this AM when pumping
water internally but not draining. Looked the model up on Trible's -
not a single mechanical part is still available! What the hell...

I just went to http://Tribles.com . Never heard of it before. It looks
like the only way to search for parts is if you give a part number or
model
number. If you (or I) enter an invalid model number, all it says is no
parts available for model number blah-blah-blah.

My guess is that you entered an invalid model number.

Post the model number here and we can do searches on
http://RepairClinic.com
etc and see what comes up.

Model no. is GLD5600R00BB

as per my previous post however it appears that only the motor/pump
assembly is available as a unit, no component parts... Also a lot of the
noise was a "flag" wire tag that got sucked into the motor, but it still
has a little bit of whine/howl to it that it didn't have before. So
it'll get run until something actually stops working and then likely
replaced. $200 to get rid of a little noise doesn't sound like a good deal.

What's the make and model of the motor itself? It may very well be
available from an electrical supply house. When I fixed our 10-yr-old
(at the time) Frigidaire-made, Kenmore-branded clothes washer a couple
of years ago, the bearings were not listed as a separate item, only as
part of a several-hundred-$$$ drum assembly, but the bearings and seals
were in fact available all over the place.

Perce