Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to make room light turn on an additional lamp?

On 9/9/2013 9:05 PM, bob wrote:
I have a room with one spot light at the ceiling that is not very
bright. Using a bright bulb just light up a spot in the room brighter.

I bought a floor lamp for the room. Is there a way to make the lamp turn
on when the ceiling spot light is on?

In other words, flip one switch and turn on both the hardwired ceiling
light and a floor lamp.

I can think of an expensive solution using home control system Insteon
by installing an insteon light switch and a lamp module. The light
switch not only functions as a light switch but can be linked to the
lamp module that I can plug in the floor lamp. This cost $100.

Is there a cheaper way?

There are wireless light switches available for applications like yours. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/Heath-Zenith-B...d_sim_sbs_hi_2

https://tinyurl.com/ocmxbvk

TDD