Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Set screws on hard shaft

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:03:18 +0800, Scromlette
wrote:

On 10/09/2013 8:03 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Mon, 09 Sep 2013 19:13:48 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks fired this volley in
:

I hate this set-up! I just don't trust it
not to slip but I can't think of a better way of locking the part on the
shaft yet be able to adjust it easily.

PS... I missed the part about adjusting it.

Get a Climax coupling. They do NOT slip, period!

Lloyd

Good idea, I should have room.

My mind must be in the gutter, thought I was missing a love position.

I looked it up. I call these locking collars and use them to time cup
conveyors on my packing line. They have never slipped.

Karl

My mind must be in the gutter, on my side of the pond we call cup
conveyers brassieres.

Poor Karl. From this day hence, he'll be thought of as

The Apple Brassierier.

Or should that be The Apple Bra Bro? snort

(Sorry, Karl.)

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen