Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to make room light turn on an additional lamp?

Put one of these between the over head lamp and the bulb:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-2-Outle...Ivory/16644758

Run zipcord extensions to the floor lamp. Probably can't do that in
commercial applications, but for home use, no one will complain.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/9/2013 10:05 PM, bob wrote:
I have a room with one spot light at the ceiling that is not very
bright. Using a bright bulb just light up a spot in the room brighter.

I bought a floor lamp for the room. Is there a way to make the lamp turn
on when the ceiling spot light is on?

In other words, flip one switch and turn on both the hardwired ceiling
light and a floor lamp.

I can think of an expensive solution using home control system Insteon
by installing an insteon light switch and a lamp module. The light
switch not only functions as a light switch but can be linked to the
lamp module that I can plug in the floor lamp. This cost $100.

Is there a cheaper way?