Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default How to make room light turn on an additional lamp?

On Monday, September 9, 2013 10:05:54 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
I have a room with one spot light at the ceiling that is not very bright.

Using a bright bulb just light up a spot in the room brighter.

I bought a floor lamp for the room. Is there a way to make the lamp turn on

when the ceiling spot light is on?

In other words, flip one switch and turn on both the hardwired ceiling light

and a floor lamp.

I can think of an expensive solution using home control system Insteon by

installing an insteon light switch and a lamp module. The light switch not

only functions as a light switch but can be linked to the lamp module that I

can plug in the floor lamp. This cost $100.

Is there a cheaper way?

X 10 nwas very affordable the last time I checked, perhaps 5 years ago, helping a realtive