MG

Default New Workshop size

Well....my wife and I are building a new house and the architect has planned
a 10 x 25 storage area attached to the garage. I'm planning on have it
extended to 15 x 25 and have the roof extended on the end for some outside
workspace and to store my mechanic's anvil. I already have a craftsman 10"
table saw, a craftsman band saw, and lots of other tools I don't have room
to use right now. I just collect stuff at yard sales, hardware going out of
business sales, and other places.

Thanks for you help,
Mark
"Jay Pique" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:21:57 -0400, "MG" wrote:

Is a room 15' by 25' big enough for a workshop? I'd like to make musical
instruments and maybe some furniture. I have a craftsman 10" contractors

saw
and a lot of other equipment.

It is if that's all you have! There are many ways to get the most out
of a small space, and there are many sources for information on doing
just that. I recommend taking a look at Setting Up Shop by
Nagyszalanczy, Building Woodshop Workstations by Proulx and Small
Woodworking Shops from the Fine Woodworking folks.

JP