Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Two Faucets in Shower? Still Legal?

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 01:46:46 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

It makes me wonder how the baby boomers and their parents actually
survived without all of this new "safety".

We had lawn darts, diving boards at every pool, gas cans that you
could actually get the gas out of, and a car seat for a kid clipped
over the seat back with a little steering wheel in front.

It's not about those of us who have survived, it's about the many who
haven't.

Compare the percentage of children who survive car crashes in today's car
seats vs. the survival rate for those in the "car seat with a little
steering wheel in front".

I suppose you want us to go back to cars without crumble zones or air bags.
Many of us have survived accidents without all that "safety".
Unfortunately, there are many people that are no longer with us because
they weren't "inconvenienced" by all this mandated safety equipment.

....and how about all those little tykes who are never allowed to play
in the dirt and then get asthma and all sorts of diseases because
their immune systems don't work properly.

"Safety" is a two-way street.