Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Apprentices and charity work

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 20:32:26 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

It's a daft question, really. Some jobs are a vocation -
missionary, teacher, doctor, etc. But nobody has a vocation to be
an electrician.

No wonder manual skills are so much looked down on in the UK.

Balls. Who has a "vocation" to be an accountant or an IT consultant or
a TV sound bloke or whatever?

Indeed. Teacher, doctor - vocation my arse. They want more money, the
"vocation" notion goes straight out the window.

I can see teaching or medicine as being a vocation, along with being a
vet or a priest or similar. But that's about it. To associate "not a
vocation" with manual work only is just strange.

Would you like to try that again? I don't understand what you mean.

--
*How much deeper would the oceans be without sponges? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.