Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Scromlette Scromlette is offline

Default Still & condenser

It's got some minor metal work involved, but unfortunately no guns or
politics.....

I use quite a bit of methylated spirits to clean electronic PCBs as part
of a cottage business I run. The solvent becomes laden with dissolved
rosin flux & has to be discarded so I've been thinking about distilling
it for reuse. It's costing me 3 or 4 dollars per litre.

I was toying with the idea of electrically heating an old pressure
cooker vented through either a copper coil or an old refrigerator heat
exchanger. I'm not sure if draping wet cloth on the heat exchanger would
be sufficient cooling.

I think the BP of the methylated spirits is ~ 82 Celsius (180F).
Has anyone any experience doing this sort of thing (moonshine perhaps?)

Will it be worth the effort?