Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Apprentices and charity work

In article , alan
scribeth thus
On 08/09/2013 20:02, tony sayer wrote:

Thats not the teachers awarding themselves extra days off

It's exactly that and for the slightest of excuses! The last time it
happened around my way many of the schools announced they they were
closing the night before. The next day it was a normal rush hour for the
rest of us going to work. The only people missing from work were those
with unexpected child care duties.

Bunkum!..

They don't do this lightly and award themselves a day off the teachers
that I know don't they consider it a bloody nuisance and it certainly
does not make it a "day off work" for them at all, it makes a lot of
extra work. Most teachers just want to do that .. teach...

it causes more
grief for then when it happens in lost time and catching up with missed
teaching work!...

I assume that catching up with lost teaching means that the kids also
have to attend for extra days to make up for the days when the school
was closed.

Well that is a rather impractical suggestion. They at one of my
daughters schools already do a five and a half day week.

A lot of parents complain about that too;!....
--
Tony Sayer