Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Apprentices and charity work

In article , Bill
scribeth thus
In message , Andy Cap
writes
On 09/08/2013 08:09 PM, tony sayer wrote:

I have just had it confirmed by one of mine that there are some kids getting
their food cut up for them in thye lower primary school years.

They do not even make them finish the mains befor ethey are allowed pudding
- this I have seen with my own eyes.

Seems it gets worse!.

Just wonder who let t us get into this state of affairs?...

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News...lence-against-
Cambridgeshire-teachers-by-frenzied-pupils-revealed-20130907020000.htm

You only have to watch Jeremy Kyle to get a glimpse of the example set
to many children, plus if the children are then chastised by the
school, the 'parents' are down there immediately causing mayhem.

I was recently working with a guy, early 20s, and he made an appointment
to see the head of his kid's school to ask why a teacher had shouted at
his boy and upset him. The boy had been misbehaving and was verbally
admonished. The father said he was going to lay the law down with the
school that the teacher's behaviour was wrong and he wanted an apology
and assurances that it would not happen again. His kid of course could
do no wrong, he was just expressing himself.

When I were a lad etc;!...

If you were admonished at school for anything you DID NOT come home and
complain to your dad. Reason? simple, you'd get the same chastisement
repeated again;(.

You just simply got a firm message that you had done wrong and then you
learnt that you didn't do wrong again..

It was that simple...

What's more it worked, and worked well..
--
Tony Sayer