Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leif Neland Leif Neland is offline

Default 8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

Gareth Magennis formulerede Sunday:
It is to some of us. I find the PWM'd LED flicker of road works cone-top
beacons very annoying, as well as the flicker from PWM'd LED stop and tail
lights on some makes of car.

There's an app note here for a Stop/Tail IC.

http://www.maximintegrated.com/app-n...ex.mvp/id/4316
(It claims an operating frequency of 200 Hz, but this is not necessarily what
is currently out there)

Seems a bit Sledgehammer To Crack a Nut to me, but there you go.
My current Stop and Tail technology is 2 wires and a cheap easily replaceable
dual filament bulb.

Which uses more energy, and breaks several times more often than LED.
Many drivers seems to lazy to check or fix their taillights.

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.