Posted to alt.home.repair,free.usenet,free.spirit
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Refrigerator -- terrible smell!

Naïve retard...

--
Tony Hwang dragon40 shaw.ca wrote:

From: Tony Hwang dragon40 shaw.ca
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Refrigerator -- terrible smell!
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 22:58:21 -0700

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 9/5/2013 8:06 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
Desperate! For over a month there has been a terrible smell coming
from the refrigerator AND the freezer!!!

Frig. is a medium-end Whirlpool w/top freezer, about 6-7 years old.

I took EVERY item out of the frig, smelled it (nothing) washed the
entire frig. section. Did the same with the freezer - where the
smell, oddly enough, seems STRONGER! No change; smell still there.

IMPORTANT: When I was cleaning out the freezer, the blast of air
SEEMED to be carrying the odor. By now, I am so crazy that I'm not
even sure of THAT!

I asked a handyman who was doing some work for me to smell the
frig/freezer. Asked him whether an animal could have crawled behind
and died. He sensibly replied that if that were the case, the whole
kitchen would smell.

So has something gotten into the ?? lines ??? that cool the
frig/freezer?

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

HB

It's possible some food got into the defrost heater and spoiled. I've
seen two different types of defrost heaters, one is the traditional
resistance heater and in our fridge there are actually halogen lamp
tubes that put out defrost heat. If some spilled milk got into the
evaporator and the soured milk is being cooked by the defrost heater,
that could be the source of the odor. O_o

TDD

Hi,
Milk? who drinks milk? You lose more than gaining heatlthwise drinking milk.
Unless it is raw you milked yourself. Pasteurized milk is poison along
with sugar and salt.