Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Starvation Wages

On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 16:13:12 -0500, Ignoramus3628

On 2013-09-08, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 11:08:09 -0500, Ignoramus3628

On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 07:58:17 -0500, Ignoramus3628
On 2013-09-08, wrote:
On Saturday, September 7, 2013 11:52:02 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus32615 wrote:
These boats will cost you 10x to get them to working condition...
All boats seem to require more money to maintain them than the original purchase price.
I am actually thinking about buying a used boat...
Sail or power?

Power. I owned a power boat before, 21 foot.

Cigarette boat (fun) or cabin cruiser (darned family tub)? g

it looked like this:
http://media.channelblade.com/boat_g...gi15725839.jpg

That looks a whole lot like my buddy's old boat. We took it to Lake
Havasu and rode it up the Colorado River to Laughlin, then floated
down. About halfway back, it got dark and we were between vertical
cliffs of rock about 100' tall. We found a small beach and tied the
anchor around a very small tree, then we folded down the seats and
went to sleep after a cold dinner. About 5am, we woke up to a rocking
motion. Sure enough, they had let the dam out some overnight and the
level of the river had taken us off the beach. We got the anchor off
without having to dive for it, Bob having camped there before. No
wonder they say "No overnight camping on the river." That was great:
the quietest and darkest place I've ever been on Earth. No moon, no
city lights, only starlight, and that was clear but dim. (Space is
quieter, but we won't go there.

Anyway, those are OK boats...for a family man.

What are you after nowadays, Ig?
I know your boys are gonna want SOMETHING FAST! Will Wifey overrule
that?

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen