Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default Apprentices and charity work

On 8 Sep 2013 16:45:54 GMT Huge wrote :
Although I would say that once I left school, it turned out that most of
the teachers were actually human beings beneath the defensive camouflage.

Yes, I got to know one as a person after leaving school. If we were the
prisoners in awe of the warders, the warders were just as much in awe of a
dictatorial governor. He mentioned that one of his memories was the day the
head came into the staff room. I was puzzled. He explained that the norm
was for the staff room phone to ring and a teacher to be summoned to the
head's office as if they were a naughty child.

For the school I have nothing but unhappy memories. I remember a good
number of teachers with affection.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com