Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default 8V 40mA bi-pin lamp (Marantz)

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

**Except that is a REALLY dumb idea. The dial scale in the old Marantz
recievers is blue.

Maybe, maybe not. If I had one in my inventory/junque box, I would
consider it a cheeap expeeriment and give it a try. If I could get one
for about a dollar, I would consider taking a chance.

** Wide angle, 5mm blue LEDs sell for about $1.00 each.

The correct 8V bi-pin lamps will cost you more.

You will need one resistor ( 470 ohms to 1kohms) for each LED and just
ignore the insane crap here from AD etc about visible flicker at 60Hz.

If there is (or you perceive) any flicker, just wire a bead tantalum across
each LED - just make sure there is *NO* reverse current.