Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default More leakers.

Winston_Smith wrote:
On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 07:13:14 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Worst part is I've bought literally dozens of NiMH AA and AAA cells in
an attempt to eradicate all alkalines from my life but haven't got
around to the few larger-cell devices yet. I'm going to have to do that
soon,

Read the package very carefully. I've found that most NiMH D cells on
the market are the same amp-hour rating as it's sister AA. In fact
I've opened a few and found an AA cell inside, complete with the label
it would have if sold in a package.

There are physical adapters to do that. I've tried them and they work
but the difference in ahr capacity makes for very little run time per
charge.

as one of those devices is my Simpson 260, and if I lost that I'd
be mad. ("just take the batteries out when you're not using it" isn't a
viable strategy as it takes about 5-10 minutes to do so.)

Good man. I have three, two in perfect condition, the third a little
wounded but usable. I have lots of digital too but once in a while the
old one earns it's keep.

Hi,
Same here. Latest version Simpson 260, dependable, tough work horse.