Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Starvation Wages

On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 08:20:09 -0700, George Plimpton
wrote:

The central point is, the change in income inequality is not what caused
anything. That's merely a symptom of something else.

The IMF and others have shown connections between income inequality
and declines in growth rates, and they present some evidence that it's
a direct causative relationship.

I've linked to some IMF reports. And *my* central point, that income
inequality is a sign of danger for an economy, is well supported by
the IMF, Federal Reserve, and other authoritative sources I've linked
to in this discussion.

The correlation and the role of income inequality as a leading
indicator of trouble is the central point. You and your source of
documentation -- Phil the blogger, who begins with "I think" and who
uses baseball analogies -- can argue with those sources over
causation.

--
Ed Huntress