Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default More leakers.

On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 20:09:51 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

The Rayovac D cells that leaked, were all
within date. I've got some Infinity Beyond
from Ebay, the AAA nearly all leaked. The
AA are dated to 2006, and still going strong.

Did they leak before they were used? I've found that alkalines never
leak until they're used and then go downhill fast. They may have a
long "shelf life" but once used they don't last long (maybe a year)
before leaking.

I do like to keep batteries in a couple things,
flashlights and fluorescent closet light. Never
sure which will last, leak, etc.

Yeah, I just buy the cheapest flashlights I can find. If the
batteries leak, so be it. I try to change the batteries frequently
but if I forget, I haven't lost much. Clocks are another thing. :-(

ROV wrote back, they are sending coupons to help
replace the leakers. They sent some coupons to
help with the C cells that leaked (but were out
of date).

The premium battery companies say they'll replace the appliance if
their products leak. From all reports I've heard, they do a decent
job but they still leak. It's easier to buy cheap and replace often.