Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default More leakers.

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 17:39:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

So, what do you do with hundreds of AA cells?

Flashlights, battery backup for clock radios. Almost everything seems
to use AAs. Some of my flashlights are AAA (remote controls use a lot
of these). A 100 pack lasts us about a year.

I invested in some NiMH which I use for
mini mag light, and digital camera.

They're always dead when I need them. Alkalines are cheap enough that
I don't bother, much, with rechargables. The rechargeables I use are
almost all LiIon. I do have AA NiCds in a couple of computer mice.
They get charged constantly (recharge cradle) which isn't really good
for NiCds but I've had them for almost 10 years and have had to
replace the AA NiCds once (one each mouse).

Does your device refuse the lower voltages?

Can't be bothered. I find that primary batteries are better in
flashlights and such.