Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default A publishable chip design...

On 9/7/2013 12:56 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
My chip design customers are almost always on the leading edge of
their particular technology.

As such, publishing the design I did for them would divulge their
proprietary information to competitors; and, of course, I am bound by
NDA's to keep that information confidential.

But here is an eleven year old design that can now be freely
published... typical of my designs in an advanced BiCMOS technology...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/Sample_Custom_Analog_Mixed-Signal_Chip_Design_by_Analog_Innovations.pdf

As you can see, I don't deal in the simple stuff :-}

...Jim Thompson

Just a schematic isn't really a complete description of an IC design,
especially when we don't have the process book and can't look up the
device characteristics.

How about some discussion of what it is, what it does, and how? Start
with the high points.

(That can be a start on your book. My second edition contains sections
lifted almost verbatim from some of my SED posts--explaining something
to somebody is the best way to set your thoughts in order about it, IME.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs