Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default A new impossible problem

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 09:40:10 +0100, Chris J Dixon wrote:

A cherry picker can't be got around that side of the house.

There's an
800mm wide path between the house and a very high bank.

There are some very nifty spider platforms around these days,
though I don't know exactly how small they get.

Think they'd go through 800 mm, wether they would have enough side
reach at the required heights is another matter.

Personally I'd not faff about with home brewed solutions with
ladders, 8x4, brackets etc. Just get some proper scaffolders in,
they'll have the proper trusses to span the plastic roof, provide
stable working platform(s) so you can get to any part any time
without having to move anything.

Over here scaffolding is cheap, the bulk of the cost is labour
erecting/removing, you normally get 4 weeks or long rental in the
price and then a small (few tens of pounds) weekly rent after that. A
very rough guesstimate for this would be less than £500 and well
worth it for easy and safe access everywhere.

Seconded. Although we always pass the cost on to the customer!

Bill