Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default A new impossible problem

Tim+ wrote:
Matty F wrote:
I need to clean and repaint the back wall of the house.
The wall is about 4 metres high and 2 metres off the ground. It's 6 metres wide.
http://i43.tinypic.com/29c1fmr.jpg

Below the wall is clear plastic roofing that cannot be walked on or
ladders rested on. I need to put some scaffolding up somehow. Preferably
using whatever equipment I have lying around!

Would some large (eg, 8x4ft) sheets of ply spread the load enough to put a
ladder on the flat(ish) roof?

Tim

If you could get some more sheets of plastic exactly the same you could
put them down over areas of the existing ones as reinforcement. Then put
some 8x4s down. It would all need to be securely tied.

Bill