Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default DAT "video" head replacement?

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

I managed to make a small hub puller out of an old pair of basic wire
strippers and circlip pliers and a minute of low heat from a hot air gun
to pull the 6 pole magnet disc from the underside, without damage. After
taking measurements of the 2 gaps, to the nearest thou. Next week I'll
try removing the top disc from the middle disc, again interference fit
and again nothing to really get a hold of for hub pulling action.
Probably will be some protective tape around the bottom drum (non tape
path part) then a l
jubilee clip as I don't think the few 1.5mm threaded holes in aluminiun
would take the strain.

Good luck, I have always assumed these things are assembled with the idea
they will never have to be disassembled.

Gareth.